|There are few things that can compare to fresh raspberries. I'm not even mad if they are a little weathered or smushed.|
|My idea of being green is reusing a Bonne Mamman jar for this Olivia Pope jam-making experience. In this case it's marmalade being made, but I love the show Scandal, so the reference stays.|
It's okay to be messy, but try to stay organized
|Once the marmalade has cooled down, fill the Bonne Mamman jar and pretend you just paid $5 for it (but you didn't).|
16 oz raspberries, washed & drained
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp citrus sugar Martha can show you how
1 1/2 tsp freeze dried raspberries try these
1/4 tsp lavender (truly optional)
1/2 lemon's juices
1 empty glass jar for storage
1. Put a medium saucepan to med-high heat.
2. Stir 8 oz of the raspberries and add sugar.
3. Stir continuously for 8-10 minutes. Smoke will rise from the saucepan and you will think that you are torturing the raspberries, but fear not. This is what you want.
4. Stir the citrus sugar and lavender-raspberry into the saucepan.
5. After 8-10 minutes, remove from heat and add in the rest of the raspberries.
6. Let this cool for a while, because it's totally hot and inedible at this point.
7. After about 20-30 minutes, or if you are a sadist, 10 minutes, enjoy with toast, bread, muffin, or anything you can dream of using this miraculous marmalade on.
8. Congratulations, you have made it to Vermont and are ready to make jam with the president.